GUIDED TOURS (by reservation)
At your convenience, tour the Museum’s permanent and temporary exhibitions accompanied by a guide. Let yourself be taken back to mid-nineteenth-century life at the Symmes Inn. Meet the people who left their mark on that era.
- Guided tours in French and English
- Minimum: 10 participants; maximum: 20 participants
- Duration: Approximately 60 minutes
- Cost: $100 (max.)
- Parking spaces for buses are available at the Aylmer Marina, located behind the Museum.
RENTAL OF THE 3RD-FLOOR MULTI-PURPOSE ROOM
Available for rental to businesses, local organizations and associations is the Museum’s 3rd-floor multi-purpose room. Tastefully decorated with local artifacts as well as photographs and paintings depicting the history of Aylmer, the Symmes Inn and its surroundings, the room presents a quiet, clean, discreet environment, with a stunning view of the Ottawa River and the Aylmer Marina.
Whether for a business meeting, an informal get-together, a book launch, a press conference or a training session, we can accommodate your every need. A liquor license is required for alcoholic beverages. If required, our staff can help you with your catering needs.
Measuring 17 ft. by 36 ft., the air-conditioned room can accommodate up to 36 people, depending on seating arrangements. Washrooms for men and for women are located on the same floor. Note that there is no elevator to access the 3rd floor.
Included in the rental fee:
- Two Québec-style pine tables and 12 chairs (for board meetings or other small meetings)
- Stackable chairs (36) and lightweight folding tables 30 in. by 72 in. (8)
- Projection screens (2)
- Keurig coffee maker and small refrigerator (1.6 cu. ft.)
- Flip chart stand (paper not supplied)
- Speaker’s lecterns (4)
- Wireless Internet access (WIFI)
- Exclusive full-day rental (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.): $300
- Rental, half day/evening (min. 3 hours.): $125 ($40/additional hour)
- Payment must be made no later than one week before the event
The following equipment is also available:
- BenQ projector ($40)
- Complete sound system ($50)
For reservations: call 819-682-0291 or email
Different room setups